Course Duration –
Venue – Cardiff
Cost – £
Next Course Dates
To get started book your course todayGet in Touch now
029 2075 7578
Persons gaining this qualification will understand that moving and handling must be carried out correctly and recognise its importance in ensuring a safer working environment.
The qualification can be taken as a free standing qualification or as part of a wider programme of training and would particularly compliment the HABC Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace.
Health and Safety is the responsibility of everyone within a business, including contractors, visitors and suppliers. Safe Moving and Handling contributes significantly to reduce injury in the workplace. The syllabus areas covered during the course of tuition are regarded by the Health and Safety Executive as being important to maintaining safe working procedures in the workplace.
Learning Outcomes Assessment Criteria
- Understand the reasons for Safe Manual Handling.
- Outline the potential injuries and ill health associated with incorrect manual handling.
- Outline employers and employees duties relating to manual handling at work.
- Outline the consequences for non-compliance with health and safety requirements at work.
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety.
- Explain the terms ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’ in the context of manual handling.
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety.
- Describe safe movement principles associated with manual handling.
- Outline the types of equipment designed to be used for manual handling tasks.
- Outline the requirements for the testing, servicing and examination of manual handling and lifting equipment. Be able to apply safe manual handling principles.
- Demonstrate efficient and safe manual handling principles.
- Applying effort to, or moving a load or object manually on their own.
- When using manual handling aids and equipment.
- When undertaking a manual handling task as part of a team.