Course Duration – 1 Day
Venue – Cardiff
Cost – £
Next Course Dates
To get started book your course todayGet in Touch now
029 2075 7578
It requires the responsible person (usually the employer, owner or occupier) to carry out a fire safety risk assessment, implement appropriate fire precautionary and protection measures and to maintain a fire management plan. All members of staff have a role to play in fire safety and the fire safety qualification support these various roles.
All individuals involved with fire safety must receive all the required information and training to deal with fire safety issues. Primus are pleased to be able to offer Level 1 and Level 2 Fire Safety qualifications on the QCF (Qualifications Credit Framework). The provision of these Fire Safety qualifications will assist organisations meet their legal obligations as well as provide a much safer working environment for all of their employees.
Fire Safety Level 2
Learning Outcomes Assessment Criteria
The Learner Will:
- Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace.
- Understand the how the fire risks are controlled in the workplace.
- Understand the principles and practices of fire safety management in the work environment.
The Learner Can:
- Explain how fires are caused in the workplace.
- Describe the components of a fire triangle.
- Identify the hazards during or after a fire including the products of combustion.
- Describe the characteristics of fire and smoke spread.
- State the different methods used to identity and control fire hazards.
- Define the terms ‘means of escape’ in relation to fire hazards.
- Outline typical components for means of escape from a fire hazard.
- Describe methods of fire detection and raising the alarm.
- Describe principle of how fires are extinguished.
- Describe how portable fire fighting equipment should be used safely.
- Identify common fixed fire fighting systems and where they might be used.
- Outline the duties of employees with respect to fire safety in the workplace.
- Outline how to undertake a simple fire safety risk assessment in the workplace.
- Describe stages involved in a fire risk assessment.
- State the role and function of fire wardens in their workplace on a day to day basis or during an emergency
- Outline the content of fire safety briefing.