Course Duration –
Venue – Cardiff
Cost – £
Next Course Dates
To get started book your course todayGet in Touch now
029 2075 7578
It requires the responsible person (usually the employer, owner or occupier) to carry out a fire safety risk assessment and implement appropriate fire precautionary and protection measures and to maintain a fire management plan. All members of staff have a role to play in fire safety and the fire safety qualification support these various roles.
All individuals involved with fire safety must receive all the required information and training to deal with fire safety issues. Primus are pleased to be able to offer Level 1 and Level 2 Fire Safety qualifications on the QCF (Qualifications Credit Framework). The provision of these Fire Safety qualifications will assist organisations to meet their legal obligations as well as provide a much safer working environment for all of their employees.
Learning Outcomes Assessment Criteria
- Understand basic fire safety and what to do in the event of an emergency.
- Understand the principles of fire risk controls
- Understand the basics of practical fire safety
The Learner Can:
- State the main causes of fires in the workplace
- Outline the main costs of fires in the workplace for employers, employees and society.
- State their own duties and responsibilities of fire wardens and other people who may be required to take action as part of fire risk controls or during an emergency.
- Outline the ways in which health and safety information can be communicated.
- Describe the action to be taken in the event of a fire in the workplace, including methods of raising the alarm and contacting the emergency services.
- List the key elements for effective fire management in the workplace.
- Outline how the components of the fire triangle and how they can be used to control fire risks.
- List active and passive fire risk control measures
- Outline fire prevention measures that can be taken to minimise fire risks.
- State the safe operating parameters for the use of portable fire fighting equipment. Outline simple checks for ensuring that fire safety equipment is serviceable and safe to use..